Develop how you want:
- The front-end gather information about the state of the page
- The back-end see if there is an event handler registered for this event
- If there is a registered event handler, it is call with the information from step i.
- After processing data is return back, if any, to page for processing:
- Preprocessor Action: example setting a spinning hour glass gif, to tell the use that something is happening.
- Postprocessor Action: do something standard with the data that comes back, like update a div.
- Back-end delivers code to front-end: have the back-end tell the front-end what it want to do, or message the user.
Late Binding of Events:
The pages HTML does not need to changed event and there logic (event handlers) are bound at run time. So your wed designer could delivery a pretty, but dump from, and without changes to the HTML you can make it into a AJAX enabled application. This make for simpler markup and an easier separation of design and code.
There are not only objects for the Ajax plumbing, but for page elements that you are interacting with. The page element objects have method to make this interact easier to program.
This Page's Source
$section = CO::getStyledTag('DivDropShadow', null, null);
// This saves a static copy for sourceforge
The template file can be set in the defaults.ini (example: DefaultTemplateFile = /templates/ pajaj_examples.tpl) or by calling the setTemplateFile($file) method from either a body or html tag object
- 2006-01-29: Added AjaxMiniCalendar Widget
- 2006-01-29: Default template can now conditionally add page or server side comments into the page, if they are available
- 2006-01-16: Added OctopusContainer styled element
- 2005-10-26: The page template can now be set in the configuration file (defaults.ini and/or [APP FILLENAME].ini)
- 2005-10-25: Added the ability to set configuration and template variables in defauls.ini in root PAJAJ dircetor, and/or in application directory, and/or in [app file name].ini file
- 2005-10-20: Validate that PAJAJ output with HTML validaters, produces XHTML Transistion code
- 2005-10-18: Added CssVMenu vertcal menu class
- 2005-10-11: MiniTemplate class: small fast templating engine, like Savante but littler and takes advantage of PAJAJ's code registry.
- 2005-10-09: Added stylable element, these are like mini widgets
- 2005-10-09: Addition of a very small but PAJAJ integrated templating engine
- 2005-10-08: Alot of change most notibly the additio of a html class to handle the page
- 2005-10-08: Addition of a Google Maps widget
- 2005-08-12: Added more information to be returned from events on tables and lists
- 2005-08-13: Added change of value,innerHtml and setting selector options to ajaxUtil.processReturn(), so can be handle by default handler
- 2005-08-19: Rewrote server side replies in ReplyRegister class, to more easily handle return of multiple actions and Widget return data to browser
- 2005-08-19: WebServerSide changed to AjaxServerBase and now depends on ReplyRegistery
- 2005-02-20: New widget base class.
- 2005-02-20: Wdgets can now register class event handler, and there is default hanlder support.
- 2005-02-22: Added SubModal widget for modal dialog box, not an Ajax component